Exchange Folder Synchronization
*** Only if you have Exchange Folder Synchronization enabled ***
Prerequisite - Your
account owner or administrator must subscribe to and configure
Exchange folder synchronization for you to be able see your
folder structure replicated in My Archive.
My Archive now offers you to capability to synchronize and
replicate your Microsoft Exchange folder structure within My
Archive. You have two different ways to synchronize your
1. On-demand synchronization - You manually initiate a synchronization from the My Archive interface.
2. Nightly synchronization - My Archive automatically synchronizes and updates your folder structure every night.
The Exchange folder synchronization has the following
* Can synchronize and display the folder structure from multiple Microsoft Exchange email addresses within your My Archive.
* Can synchronize and display at least 100 folders for one given email address (independent from nested folders).
* Can synchronize and display at least 5 level of nested folders.
- Exchange Folder Synchronization Overview
The first and most obvious way to synchronize your folders is
the (manual) on-demand Exchange folder synchronization. When
you log into My Archive, follow these steps:
1. Initiate the on-demand folder
synchronization by clicking on the "two-arrow" button on the
left-hand pane next to the "Synchronized Folders" root folder.
2. Wait until the
spinning circle stops.
3. If the synchronization
is successful, your current Exchange folder structure will be
displayed below the "Synchronized Folders" root folder on the
4. If the synchronization
fails, you will see a red dot indicating you that My Archive
could not synchronize your Exchange folders. In this case,
please contact your administrator so that he can take the
The nightly synchronization will not run by itself if you do
not enable it in the first place. My Archive will only
synchronize "active" Exchange folder sync end users. This is a
very easy and quick process to do. Basically, you have to
manually perform an on-demand folder synchronization (see
above) to activate the automatic folder sync.
Once you perform the first successful on-demand Exchange
folder synchronization, this will activate your nightly folder
sync that will run automatically every 24 hours.