now support LDAP integration
to streamline user authentication and provisioning. Check it
User accounts control access to administration and search functions.
There are four basic permission sets you can assign to a user account:
* Account Administrators (AA)
* Search Administrator PLUS
* Search Administrators (SA)
* Search Users (SU)
* End Users (EU)
* (Optional) Demo Users (DU)
Account administrators (AA) manage configuration settings and
can create additional users. A special account administrator
is the Account Owner (AO) which can be assigned to a
single account. The AO manages the subscription and billing
settings. Account Admins or Owners cannot search the archive
unless the user has one of the search permissions.
Search Administrator PLUS (optional)
Search Administrator PLUS can create saved searches and
assign individual access to search users. They also have
access to administrative reports, retention policies, and can
perform on-demand purge (only
for file-enabled organizations) for file archived
Search administrators can create saved searches and assign individual access to search users.
Search users are only allowed access to specific saved searches created by a search admin. Most users in the archive system will have this permission level.
End Users are only allowed to view email in their My Archive
that matches their confirmed email addresses. As an
administrator you can assign these email addresses or use an
address END USER ACCESS RULES (found in your administration
SETTINGS tab) to allow users to register their own email
addresses. Email addresses added by end users do not become
active until they are verified against the administrative
ACCESS RULES list and the user clicks through a link sent to
that specific address.
- How to give End User access
Demo Users (Optional)
Demo users have very limited capabilities in the
archive system. Demo users basically have the same enabled
features as Search users but they can not edit their settings.
You can allow users to self-register for access to their
personal archives by pointing them to
Video - User creation
From the USERS tab, you have the option to create users one
by one. In oder to do that, click on Add User on the top right of the USERS tab.
On the next page, take following steps to create a user:
1. Populate the
desired fields to create a user name:
* First and Last name
* Email address (type it twice)
* Temporary password (that the user will change at his/her first login)
2. Choose the
permission(s) you want to give to the user, either:
* Account Admin
* Search Admin
* Search Admin Plus
* Search User
* End User
* Demo user
3. Provide additional
contact information if wanted:
* Organization name
* Phone number
* Fax number
4. Select the
* Pick an expiration date to disable archive access. After the expiration date, the account will remain active, but the user will not be allowed to login to the service. This feature is particularly useful for outside legal counsel, auditors and compliance officers.
* Select or unselect "Account disabled" to prohibit the user from accessing their account. Mark accounts inactive to deny login access, or prohibit users from resetting their password from the login screen.
* Select or unselect "Account locked". If a user has exceeded the maximum number of invalid password attempts, you will need to unlock their account if the "Account locked" box is checked.
* Select or unselect "Disable password recovery". Select this checkbox to prohibit users from resetting their password from the login screen.
* Select or unselect "Disable Outlook integration". Select this checkbox to prohibit users from enabling Outlook integration themselves.
5. See the default
welcome message and create a custom message yourself for your
user(s) if desired.
Once you are done populating the fields, click on Add user and send welcome
message to finalize the user creation process and
notify (or not) by email the user that you created an account
- Add User
Create Users in Bulk
The archive offers you the possibility to create users in
bulk. First off, you will need to create CSV file with the
users' information and upload it to the archive. Once you have
created the CSV file with the desired information, go to the
From the USERS tab, you have the option to create users in bulk. In order to do that, click on Bulk Create End Users on the top right of the USERS tab.
On the next page, choose your CSV file and upload it. Once
you are done with this step, click Process list and send welcome message to
finalize the creation process and notify (or not) the users by
email that accounts have been created for them.
- Create End Users in Bulk