Enable Email Forwarding Restriction(s)
This feature allows the Account Owner or Administrator more granular
control over forwarding permissions by
restricting WHO has the ability to forward archived e-mails and to WHOM. By default, forwarding is permitted for
all archive user roles (Search Admin Plus, Search Admin,
Search User, and End User) to any recipient, including outside of your organization(s) (as defined in your account settings). Enabling this feature in the Account tab enables the "E-mail Forwarding Restriction" tab under SETTINGS, which allows detailed configuration according to role and/or domain.
The feature must be enabled for your account by your archiving provider, and may represent a change to your subscription. Contact your archiving provider to enable this feature and discuss service options.
do you enable the 'email forwarding restrictions'?
1. Login as the
Account Owner and go to the ACCOUNT tab.
2. Select "Enable Compliance Edition." The selection "Enable E-mail Forwarding Restriction" should appear. If you do not see "Enable Compliance Edition," contact your archiving provider to verify that this feature is active.
3. Select "Enable E-mail Forwarding Restriction."
4. Save your account settings by clicking
"Update account" at the bottom of the page.
5. A new tab under SETTINGS, called "E-mail Forwarding Restriction" will be displayed under SETTINGS. This tab contains granular permission settings for the e-mail forwarding function.
How do you configure the email forwarding
Once you are done enabling the feature, you can limit WHO can forward e-mails out of the archive to
WHOM by restricting permissions according to role and account domains. From the "E-mail Forwarding Restriction" tab under the
SETTINGS page, you have the following options:
- Select "Enable restrictions on forwarding e-mails out of the archive" to disable forwarding for all roles in the archive. If this is selected, all forwarding is forbidden globally.
- Selected archive user roles will have the ability to forward
- Select the last checkbox to restrict e-mail forwarding to a set of known
registered domains, as defined by your Domains and Organizations configuration in your Account settings. Selecting the checkbox means that permitted users (defined in the settings above) can only forward archived e-mails to email addresses for the defined domains. These domains have een registered and approved by the Account Owner, under the
ACCOUNT tab as shown below.
Click "Save Settings" to save and activate your e-mail restriction settings.