Editing / Deleting Users
now support LDAP integration
to streamline user authentication and provisioning. Check it
From the USERS tab, you have the option to edit users one by
one. In order to do that, click on the Edit button on
the right side of the archive users list.
On the next page, you can edit the following settings:
1. Edit the desired
fields to update the user's information and credentials:
* First and Last name
* Email address (type it twice).
* Provide a temporary password to reset it. The user will have to change it at his next login.
2. Edit the
permission(s) levels assigned to the user. Please refer to the
section to learn more about this.
3. Provide additional
* Organization name
* Phone number
* Fax number
4. Edit the additional user account options:
* Pick an expiration date to disable archive access. After the expiration date, the account will remain active, but the user will not be allowed to login to the service. This feature is particularly useful for outside legal counsel, auditors and compliance officers requiring access to the archive for a limited amount of time.
* Select or unselect "Account disabled" to prohibit the user from accessing their account. Mark accounts inactive to deny login access, or prohibit users from resetting their password from the login screen.
* Select or unselect "Account locked". If a user has exceeded the maximum number of invalid password attempts, you will need to unlock their account if the "Account locked" box is checked.
* Select or unselect "Disable password recovery". Select this checkbox to prohibit users from resetting their password from the login screen.
* Select or unselect "Disable Outlook integration". Select this checkbox to prohibit users from enabling Outlook integration themselves.
ADD AN EMAIL ADDRESS
You can provide an additional email address for your archive
users. By adding an email address in the blank field, you
imply that you want messages (and their associated
attachments) from the added email address(es) to be collected
and archived. They will be available in the user's personal My
Archive (if enabled).
Register an additional valid email address associated to a
user's mailbox by adding the complete address and clicking the
button "Add email address",
as illustrated below.
The archive will verify the email address against a control
list and the archive user will receive an email to that
address requiring further verification. The user will have to
follow the instructions on that email and click the unique
link to activate archiving for that email address.
AN EMAIL ADDRESS
1. You can edit registered email
addresses for archive users. Edit an email address by clicking
on the "Edit" button
next to the desired email address. When you are done editing
the email address, click on the "Save" button to confirm the modification
An email confirmation will be sent to the Account
Administrator (AA) for verification and approval. The email
address will be verified against a control list and the user
will receive an email to that address requiring further
verification. The user will have to follow the instructions on
that email and click the unique link to activate archiving for
2. You can delete a registered
email address for archive users. Delete an email address by
clicking on the "Delete"
button next to the desired email address. A popup window will
prompt you to confirm your action. Click on "OK" to validate your
action and delete the email address.
OPTING OUT FROM FOLDER SYNC
if you have Exchange Folder Synchronization enabled ***
If you have folder sync enabled and want to disable Exchange
Folder Synchronization for one or multiple of your registered
email addresses, follow these steps:
1. Click on the "Edit" button on the right
side of the desired email address.
2. Uncheck the checkbox in
the "Sync Folders" column to opt out from folder sync for the
desired email address(es).
3. Click the "Save" button to validate the modification and disabled folder sync for the specified email address(es).
1. From the
USERS tab, you have the option to delete users one by one. In
order to do that, click on the Edit button on the
right side of the archive users list.
2. Click on the
Delete User button on the top right corner of the
3. Click the Yes
button on the confirmation popup window to confirm. You have
the option to notify the user of his account deletion via
email if desired. An email will be sent to his contact email
confirming the account deletion, you'll be taken back to the
user list and a green banner will display the success of the
***Note: deleting an archive user account will not
affect the archiving of the user's email. This will only
delete this user's ability to login to the archive and review
emails based on his permissions.